Applying for Aid
Welcome to Baptist College of Health Sciences!
We encourage all students to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov as early as possible after October 1st each year. The federal school code for Baptist College of Health Sciences is 034403.
As one of our future health care professionals, we're excited you've chosen us. Now that you're heading our way, you will need to know more about financial aid. As an undergraduate, here are some steps to follow to apply.
- Financial aid awards are only offered to fully admitted, degree-seeking students. Apply for admission to Baptist College of Health Sciences: . Apply for admissions now!
- Apply for an FSI ID: Go online to www.fsaid.ed.gov to apply for both the student and parent, if dependent.
The FAFSA is now available three months earlier than in past years. For the 2017-2018 award year (Fall 2017, Spring 2018, and Summer 2018), the FAFSA is available at https://fafsa.gov beginning October 1, 2016.
- The 2017-18 FAFSA income information is based on prior-prior year (2015) income rather than prior year (2016), which eliminates the need to estimate tax information. The use of prior-prior year (PPY) income will become a permanent change.
- On the FAFSA, enter the Baptist College school code of 034403 so that we get the results.
- If eligible, you (and parents / spouse as applicable) are strongly encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to import your 2015 IRS tax information into the FAFSA.
- The 2017-18 Baptist College FAFSA filing priority date is January 17, 2017 to be considered for maximum financial aid assistance. However, you should complete the FAFSA as soon as possible beginning October 1, 2016.
- Complete verification, if required: If you have been selected for verification by the US Department of Education, you will be required to submit additional documents to VERIFY the information reported on your FAFSA is consistent with what you filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). You can determine if you are selected by reading your Student Aid Report (SAR) or by monitoring your MyCampus account.
**Common Mistakes/Delays When Applying for Financial Aid **
- Required items or sections are left blank on the FAFSA
- Signature(s) missing on the FAFSA
- Not submitting required verification documents