Mission Vision & Values
Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences prepares graduates for careers of service and leadership by providing a comprehensive health sciences education within an integrated environment of learning and Christian principles.
Building on the legacy of education since 1912, Baptist College is a private institution which seeks to attract a diverse student population who shares commitments to Christian values and ethics, academic excellence, and lifelong professional development. In response to the trust expected of institutions preparing future health care professionals, the academically rigorous environment requires students’ active engagement in learning through a variety of instructional modes.
In partnership with Baptist Memorial Health Care, Baptist College extends the learning environment beyond the classroom to include experiences found in health care settings throughout the Mid-South.
To fulfill its mission, Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences is committed to:
- Educating individuals to value competence, caring and collaboration in their roles as members of the interprofessional health care team.
- Developing students to become engaged learners, scholars and leaders in their chosen professions.
- Creating a collaborative and supportive learning environment in which students are encouraged to develop intellectually, socially, and spiritually.
- Providing a curriculum that reflects a strong general education and scientific foundation.
- Promoting and rewarding excellence in teaching, professional practice and scholarly activity.
- Contributing positively to the health status of the community.
- Fostering an atmosphere of respect for cultural diversity and the dignity of all persons.
To be distinguished regionally for innovation and excellence in health sciences education which prepares graduates to transform health care.
The shared values of our learning community are:
Aspiration Statement: Baptist College of Health Sciences models high ethical standards in all aspects of learning, teaching, service, and business.
Aspiration Statement: Baptist College of Health Sciences provides an environment that promotes the competence, character, and commitment of faculty, staff and students to their careers and vocations.
Service as an expression of Christian values
Aspiration Statement: Baptist College of Health Sciences fosters a Christian environment where servant leadership is modeled in all aspects of learning, teaching, service, and business.
Aspiration Statement: Baptist College of Health Sciences strives to be innovative and promotes ongoing assessment as a means to achieve organizational and personal excellence.