Complaints or Concerns

Baptist College of Health Sciences strives to provide educational programs and services of the highest caliber. Feedback from students is often sought to identify areas for improvement. Students are encouraged to share concerns or complaints as part of our commitment to continuous improvement. As such, Baptist College provides a structured process for students to share areas of concern or complaints. If a student is unsure of whom to direct a concern or complaint, he or she is encouraged to contact the Dean of Student Services at 901-572-2662 for further assistance.

The information below provides additional guidance and available resources:

Complaints or Concerns from Students Policy

Students have an opportunity to express complaints or concerns in a structured manner to the appropriate College official.

Written complaints from students will be reviewed and appropriate follow-up provided. The College encourages students to share their concerns and will treat, to the extent allowed by applicable local, state or federal laws, such information as confidential.  College officials reserve the right to share the information if they believe keeping such information confidential has the potential for harm to a student, others at the College, or the community. Anonymous complaints may be investigated based upon the seriousness of the concern expressed and the availability of follow-up information. A record of complaints will be maintained by the appropriate individual, as noted below.

If the student believes he or she is a victim of discrimination, harassment or retaliation, the student should contact the Vice President of Administrative Services as outlined in the Non-Discrimination Policy – Students which is found on page 58 of the Student Handbook, or file a complaint using the College’s grievance procedures as outlined in the Alleged Discrimination Grievance – Complaint Policy – Students found on page 30.

Students should forward complaints or concerns in writing to the following individuals who will review and provide appropriate follow-up:

  • Financial Aid – Director, Business Services
  • Campus Housing – Director, Student Services and Housing
  • Academic – appropriate Academic Dean
  • Other matters – triaged by the Dean of Student Services for further action.

Depending on the nature of the complaint, students who are not satisfied with an outcome may forward their complaint to one of the following outside agencies:

  • Complaints relating to quality of education or accreditation requirements shall be referred to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). (
  • Complaints related to the application of state laws related to approval to operate or licensure of a particular professional program within a postsecondary institution shall be referred to the appropriate State Board (i.e. State Boards of Health, State Board of Education, and so on) within the Tennessee State Government and shall be reviewed and handled by that licensing board (, and then search for appropriate division).
  • For students attending programs in Tennessee, complaints related to state consumer protection laws (e.g., laws related to fraud or false advertising) shall be referred to the Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs and shall be reviewed and handled by that Unit ( For out-of-state students using distance learning programs, complaints related to consumer protection laws shall be filed using the Tennessee NC-SARA Portal form: