You are here
Organization And Student Involvement Staff
Who we are...
A dedicated staff of student leaders committed to directing and informing new BCHS students at orientation. True ambassadors of the College that highlight all of the positive attributes and benefits of BCHS.
To familiarize new students with the campus facilities, services, and college life in general, and to serve as a source for the necessary information to make the new student feel more comfortable in their new surroundings. To serve as an ambassador to the College by creating within the new student a sense of belonging and trust.
OASIS leaders are responsible for leading a group of new students during the Baptist College Experience (BCE) orientation program and providing inside knowledge to new students about college life such as student services, activities, organizations, facilities,
financial aid, registration, residence hall, and dining options.
- Lead a small group of new students at orientation.
- Review the O.A.S.I.S. Training manual each term.
- Educate yourself with information that is pertinent to student life.
- Obtain knowledge of college facilities, i.e. buildings, service areas and locations.
- Be prepared to answer questions about the campus and college life in general.
- Enhance as needed, your inter-personal skills to help put your group members at ease.
- Communicate effectively with your group, always remaining positive and upbeat.