You are here
Profile of Baptist College of Health Sciences
Baptist College of Health Sciences (BCHS) is a private, Christian college that focuses on undergraduate health care education. Building on an educational legacy begun in 1912, BCHS offers baccalaureate degrees in eight health care majors: diagnostic medical sonography, health care management, medical laboratory science, medical radiography, nuclear medicine technology, nursing, radiation therapy, and respiratory care.
Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences is the legal name of the institution. The College's name is routinely shortened to Baptist College of Health Sciences (BCHS).
BCHS Graduate Expectations
Patient Care Graduates will provide patient care that is appropriate, compassionate, and effective. Graduates are expected to:
- Practice competently in a variety of health care settings.
Use critical thinking skills.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills Graduates will demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that effect appropriate information exchange between patients, patients' families, and other members of the health care team. Graduates are expected to:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with others.
Professionalism Graduates will demonstrate a commitment to carrying out their professional responsibilities ethically and with sensitivity to a diverse patient population. Graduates are expected to:
- Exhibit personal, professional, and interprofessional conduct consistent with Christian values, standards of care, and code of ethics as defined by their professions.
- Demonstrate culturally sensitive care through respect for cultural differences, values, beliefs, and practices.
Student Right to Know
The U. S. Department of Education requires every college to report how well they help first-time, full-time, degree-seeking students to complete their bachelor's degree in six years. Please go to the National Center for Education Statistics for this information and more about Baptist College. http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?q=baptist+memorial+college+of+health+sciences&s=TN&id=219639#netprc
BCHS Fact Sheet & Fact Book