Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates/students of the radiation therapy program will be clinically competent.
- Students will perform clinical radiation therapy procedures according to competency standards
- Students will generate an appropriate radiation therapy treatment plan.
- Students will design a portfolio showing clinical competency.
Graduates/students of the radiation therapy program will communicate effectively.
- Students will be able to integrate communications skills learned in patient care course with a service learning project.
- Students will communicate effectively orally.
- Students will design an effective patient education poster.
Graduates/students will be able to solve problems and think critically.
- Students will correctly analyze a clinical problem for problem-based-learning (PBL).
- Students will interpret correct patient shifts in positioning for treatment.
- Students will prescribe an effective treatment plans.
Graduates/students will be able to demonstrate professionalism.
- Students will demonstrate leadership skills within group/community projects.
- Students will appropriately identify behaviors related to professionalism at state meetings.
- Student will interpret appropriate ethical behavior presented in case studies.
Graduates/students will meet outcomes consistent with the following JRCERT standards:
- Students will successfully pass the credentialing exam pass rate on first attempt of no less than 75%
- A job placement rate of not less than 75% within 6 months of graduation will be met..
- Graduates/students will indicate overall satisfaction with their educational experience.
- Employers will indicate overall satisfaction with the graduates' performance.
- Students will successfully complete the program.
- Students' scores will measure improvement in category areas of QA (A) and patient care (E) on content specification of national board exam.
1003 Monroe Ave
Memphis, TN 38104