Admissions Criteria For Freshmen
The freshman applicant with 0-30 hours of college level credit must:
- Graduate from an accredited high school.
- Complete the following high school courses with a grade of "C" or above in each course:
- English: 4 credits required
- College Preparatory Math (from algebra, geometry, calculus, trigonometry): 2 credits required
- Laboratory Science (from biology, chemistry, anatomy & physiology): 2 credits required
- Earn a high school GPA and an ACT composite score or SAT total that meets the academic criteria for admission. This will be determined by a combination of test scores and high school GPA.
Sliding Scale for ACT/SAT and High School GPA
4. Students with college work must earn a cumulative grade point average of 2.70 on a 4.0 scale on all college work (not just transfer hours accepted) from an accredited college or university. Transfer students must be in good standing and eligible to return to any institution previously attended.
5. Students who are transferring from another nursing or allied health program must submit a letter stating that they are eligible to return or continue in that professional program from the dean or director. Licensed health professionals must also submit proof of licensure.
6. Meet General Performance and Technical Standards.
7. All applicants whose native tongue is not English must submit a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 550 or above.
8. Submit a background check prior to registration for classes. For more information see the section on Criminal Background Checks on page 16.
1003 Monroe Ave
Memphis, TN 38104