In addition to meeting the Performance Standards, to perform the duties of the entry level therapist in Radiation Therapy, the student must possess:
- Ability to communicate with a diverse population and the ability to be easily understood. Reading, writing, and documenting patient information required.
- Analytical skills sufficient to process information, to transfer knowledge from one situation to another, and to prioritize tasks. Critical thinking ability sufficient for safe, clinical judgment.
- Auditory abilities sufficient to monitor and assess patient needs; to detect and respond to alarms, emergency signals, and calls for help.
- Ability sufficient for observation and assessment necessary for the care of patients, processing of medical images, and operation of medical equipment.
- Ability sufficient to assess patients, perform procedures, and operate equipment.
- Physical ability, flexibility, strength, and stamina sufficient to provide safe and effective care.
- Fine motor abilities sufficient to provide safe and effective care.
1003 Monroe Ave
Memphis, TN 38104