You are here
Traditional Baccalaureate Degree Program
The traditional program option is a four-year degree targeted for first-time licensure students.
Students in Baptist College’s nursing baccalaureate degree program you will enjoy:
- Personal, one-on-one instruction from exceptional nursing faculty
- Outstanding clinical experience that provides you with first-hand training in the most advanced scientific and medical concepts
- A collaborative learning environment that includes strong mentoring, tutoring and academic support
- Flexibility to tailor the program to your schedule, interests and needs
- A safe, friendly campus environment
- Integration of the baccalaureate nursing program with the Baptist Memorial Health Care system
Baptist College of Health Sciences provides an innovative teaching environment incorporating traditional classroom education with simulated clinical experiences. Simulation fosters student learning, encourages critical thinking and clinical reasoning and reinforces clinical skills. The simulation lab includes high level simulators that model human physiological responses allowing the student to perform patient care within the safety of a lab/classroom setting.
Because of the rigor of the baccalaureate program, commitment and dedication to learning are required. It is recommended that student’s work schedule be adjusted accordingly.
Graduates of the BCHS’s Bachelor of Science in nursing degree program have an outstanding track record in the workplace. Employers seek out our nursing graduates because they’re so well prepared. You’ll enter the workforce with the knowledge, skills and confidence you need to compete for the very best nursing jobs – and to become a leader in the nursing profession.
Learn more about the curriculum: