You are here
A selection committee for the Respiratory Care (RC) program will review all completed applications in June and October each year.
- It should be noted that not all applicants who meet minimum selection criteria will be invited for a personal interview.
- Applicants with a strong academic background and currently enrolled in BCHS, or completing pre-programcourses at institutions with collaborative or articulation agreements, will be considered first for interviews.
Selection to the RCprogram is based on the following:
- Academic potential for success from the academic record
- Academic strength in previous college coursework, with specific attention given to performance in the pre-program courses
- Past failures affecting cumulative college GPA and pre-program courses may impact selection into the program. Each file will be considered individually.
- Preference may be given to qualified applicants completing courses at BCHS.
Written essay and personal interview:
- Applicants will be required to complete a written essay and personal interview as part of the selection process.
- The written essay will be completed on the campus of BCHS prior to the personal interview.
- Students will be evaluated on personal strengths and knowledge of Respiratory Care.
Program Notification of Selection:
Applicants will be notified in writing of selection to the RCprogram.