You are here
Freshman FOCUS….Students in their First Year of College Applicants with 1-30 hours of college level credit who wish to enter the nursing program must first meet all admission criteria and be accepted to the College, including all GPA requirements and prerequisite course requirements previously stated. Once accepted and enrolled, students must meet and maintain the following requirements in order to be considered for acceptance to nursing:
- Complete a minimum of 12 hours in residence at Baptist College (including 3 hours in the sciences) before submitting the Intent to Progress form for acceptance to the nursing program.
- Complete all lower division coursework (3 trimesters/42 credit hours)
- Earn a minimum 2.8 GPA in all lower division course work with a grade of C or better in all prerequisite courses
- Earn a minimum 2.6 GPA in the prerequisite science courses. In addition, a prerequisite science course may only be repeated once to earn a grade of C or higher; and a maximum of two prerequisite science courses may be repeated to earn the minimum required grade.
- Participate in an interview, if required