You are here

If my Computer Science course was taken more than three years ago, can I test out of the Intro to Computers course?

f you have taken an introductory computer course more than three years ago, it will not transfer to BCHS. However, you may take the Computer Competency Exam to demonstrate that you have remained current in your computer skills and by passing this competency exam, credit for your previous course will be transferred. In order to transfer credit for a computer course you have taken more than three years ago, you must do the following:

  • Arrange a meeting with the Dean of General Studies or the Computer Science professor
  • Bring an unofficial copy of your transcript to the meeting that validates the computer course previously taken
  • Complete an application to take the test
  • Set a test date within one week of completing the application
  • Pay a $20.00 examination fee