You are here
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Applying to the Program
To be considered for selection to the diagnostic medical sonography (DMS), applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Meet all Baptist College of Health Sciences (Baptist College) admission requirements and be accepted to the college. Admission to Baptist College does not guarantee selection to the DMS program.
- Complete at least 24 credit hours of pre-program course work with a C or better, as specified by the DMS program. Courses marked with an asterisk in the degree requirements course listings must be completed in the required 24 credit hours. Select the following link to view course listing: Degree Requirements.
- Applicants should earn a B or better in all pre-program courses to be competitive.
- Students will be required to complete all pre-program courses, specified by the DMS program, prior to enrollment in professional DMS courses.
- Earn a minimum cumulative 2.7 GPA (4.0 scale) which only includes grades earned in courses taken at Baptist College as well as grades earned in courses transferred to Baptist College.
- To be competitive in the selection process, applicants should maintain a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Current Baptist College students must submit completed Intent to Apply to Allied Health Program and signed technical standards forms to their academic advisor. Transfer students should contact the admissions office regarding these forms. The forms are required to be submitted prior to the appropriate application deadline.
Deadlines for application to the diagnostic medical sonography (DMS):
All completed applications and supportive documentation must be received or postmarked by the published deadlines to be considered for selection to begin the DMS professional course work in the spring trimester of the following year. The deadline to apply for selection to the professional program is June 1. Based on program needs, an October 1 applicant pool may also be considered.