You are here
Applying to the Medical Laboratory Science Program
To be considered for selection to the medical laboratory science (MLS), applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Meet all Baptist College of Health Sciences (Baptist College) admission requirements and be accepted to the college. Admission to Baptist College does not guarantee selection to the MLS program
- Complete 68 credit hours of pre-program course work with a C or better, as specified by the MLS program. Courses marked with an asterisk in the degree requriements course listings must be completed in the required 68 credit hours. Select the following link to view course listing: Degree Requirements.
- Applicants should earn a B or better in all pre-program courses, to be competitive.
- Students will be required to complete all pre-program courses, specified by the MLS program, prior to enrollment into professional MLS courses.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- To be competitive in the selection process, applicants should maintain a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or above. This includes all prior college work, as well as all courses at Baptist College.
- Submit completed application form to the MLS program and signed Essential Functions forms to BCHS. The forms are required to be submitted prior to the applicable application date (December 1st or April 1st).
Deadlines For Application to the Selection
All completed applications and supportive documentation must be received or postmarked by the published deadlines to be considered for selection to begin the MLS professional course work in the fall trimester of the following year. The deadline for early selection of a limited number of class seats is December 1st. The deadline for final selection to the program is April 1st.